Went through the estimate app with State Farm in July of 2021. What a joke! Was told they were just then starting to put adjusters back on the street after Covid.
I was stopped at a light when I got rear ended in my 2010 Challenger SXT. Lady that hit me never hit the brakes. She saw me at the last second and swerved to the left to try to avoid me. Her right front wiped out my left 1/4 panel. Car was hurt bad. I figured it was totaled, but wasn't sure. She also was with State Farm. So I download the app and take pictures. Estimate came back at 3800.00. I was rolling on the floor with laughter. They sent me a check for 3800.00, which I never cashed. I called my friend who is an estimator for a body shop. He looked it over and took a lot of pictures. Called me 2 days later and said it's totaled. He was at 13,000.00 without any probable hidden damage. I did some research and figured the car was worth 17,000 to 18,000. State Farm calls and offers me 17,200. I told them it wasn't a bad offer but I wanted 18,000. They called me back 2 days later and said we'll give you 19,000. Well OK, twist my arm... grin That car paid for itself and then some. I paid 16,750 for it 5 years earlier.