My son and are working on a land speed race car. We bought an existing car without an engine and are rebuilding it. Eventually it will end up with a vintage flathead Lincoln engine, but that engine won't be ready to race this year. So the plan for speed Week 2024 is to pull the 484-in Hemi out of my fast GTX and drop it into the land speed car temporarily. Then we can get out on the salt flats and get our rookie runs in and get our licenses.
This is a rear engine modified roadster. The engine, transmission, and rear end all sit on a swing arm behind the driver, kind of like a motorcycle swingarm that is hinged on the frame, and has coil over shocks between the swing arm and the frame structure way out back. The swing arm is 2x4 steel tubing. So I need to decide if I should drop this Hemi in with a motor plate, or build some mounts that will go between the swingarm and the original Hemi block mounts.
I've never ran a motor plate before. What issues would arise? Is it in the way of the oil pump and oil filter or any of that stuff? Since this is a one-year only deal, I want to keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks, Joel

IMG_20201120_153658~2.jpg29528~2.jpeg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"