Yeah I'm leaning towards the auto on this one myself... Not traffic accidents but a couple of work injuries over the years, my wife "knowing how but would rather not" drive a stick,
being 56 and getting up from a chair or off the creeper, sometimes is an exercise in stiffness/soreness, also from a lifetime of turning wrenches, with a handful of those years being as a millwright in a steel mill and most of the rest doing alignments and busting front end parts umm yeah. The only reason I'm even questioning which way to go is that I live in the country,
and never go into Chicago, rarely even get into the suburbs anymore/ most of my driving is pretty open roads these days....
I did have to go into the burbs today for something else and luckily I didn't have to wait for many red lights today... Usually I catch about 3 of every 4, red.
But I have everything and I do mean everything needed to do that swap, my son located a couple of pieces for me and I think would be disappointed if I stayed auto.
He's now like I used to be while he was growing up/ when everything I had was stick... He even converted his ramcharger to a stick. I don't mind driving that one, or his Cummins truck that's a 6 speed but I didn't much care to drive his VW "mileage beater".
I don't have anything stick no more and sometimes miss it.
I have a volare that I fully plan on putting in a 5 speed....
(I'm still not much on seat belts, that is a very sore subject with me, that's all I'm gonna say about that)