Folks can say what they want about management and they'd probably be true, but the powers that be did respond to my request to bring the part back,
and were very interested in Andy's posts and articles including that unusual intake manifold.

Afterwards, they never had tons in stock, they'd have two here and there because the demand was never there, but at least it could be ordered and you'd get it. eventually.

It was only until a regime upheaval and after those people no longer worked there that it was done away with again, because those people weren't able to babysit the part and keep it available
in spite of demand analysis' point of view that it was a waste of time. One of a million areas where OE vs Aftermarket methology does not agree and can't be reconciled.

Having bounced to two different competing OEs for about 10 years and now back to aftermarket a year ago, I feel I have an awareness of how things work and what a tangled web it can be.

Mgt was constantly chasing old stuff the enthusiast market loves, that is either on it's deathbed or demand analysis already killed off.
Meanwhile their managers are pressuring them to constantly add new stuff, usually with a tooling budget of about 25 cents.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri