Originally Posted by Mr T2U
you could do what i did with my mod motor mustang parts.
i have a friend who modded Shelby GT 500 mod motors. a common upgrade when making 1000+ rwhp is to upgrade the rods and pistons.
needless to say i had almost 20 sets of rods and pistons. the stock pistons were a somewhat easy sale. the few that didn't sell i scrapped for aluminum. the rods were impossible to sell.

so i did a craft thing with the rods. i made mail box posts with them.
i found a close to proper sized pipe for the big ends. then bolted 2 rods together with the pipe. then found conduit close to the small ends. connected 2 rods together this way and welded them together.. gave everything a coat of krylon silver and was done. took them to Iola swap and sold 8 mail box posts for $50 each in about 1 hr.

or another idea is to make small end table legs with them. then get a glass top for the table. basically take 2 rod and piston sets. attach with pipe at the big end. attach 2 of these together to form a X for 1 side leg. make a matching set for the other side. give the legs a paint job. fix the pistons on the pins at the proper angles and shazam you just made a cool looking end table that might sell for $100+. that probably cost about $30 to make.

i am sure there are other things you could make with them. use your creativity and have some fun with it. you might even make a few $$$ doing so as a bonus.

You know the drill, PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! biggrin

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!