Originally Posted by dvw

QC Coatings here as well. My previous set of pipes (Hooker 1-5/8" SB tubes) got their flat black ceramic coat...nearly 10 yrs later when they came off (just last summer), while the coating did eventually peel off in certain spots - it was blistering away so to speak - there was no actual rust formed.

The ride in question is a summer only deal though, stored in a semi-heated garage over the winter.

Having said that, my new W2 TTIs that I brought back to them got coated in the same flat black were finished in the Chrome instead, which is clearly NOT what I had requested, having specifically talked about this very thing. So yeah, imagine my surprise, and a bit of annoyance as well, when I went to pick them up and found them like that.

Bill did look up our original email exchanges, agreed it was a screwup by the shop, no pushback, he re-did the pipes. So other than the delay and wasted time driving out there (for me they are as far to the East as possible LOL - opposite end of where I'm coming from) things did end up getting fixed.

The usettled feeling is that I can only hope he properly stripped the previously applied chrome finish so that I do not run into any future issues with my flat black ceramic coat.