Originally Posted by autoxcuda
Originally Posted by mattsmopars
Originally Posted by autoxcuda
Originally Posted by gtx6970
Build plant is ?

7 = St Louis

427 SPD = April 27, 1966

That Feb 1966 tire I posted is the original spare.

March 1966 date code on carbs:

Thank you for posting pictures of the car, Can you continue to post details on this car or start a thread in the member build section? I also have a 66 hemi coronet and I am interested in documenting the details. A lot of the suspension components on my 66 were black. leaf springs, lower control arms, idler arm, pitman arm. I would also like to see the wheels and details of the stampings and if you remove the tires, details inside the band of manufacture. Really any details that can be documented the better.
Pete was very much about documenting hemi cars, the NHOA vin list that was published back in 1990 was a brain child of his. Today myself and a close friend with help from him and other try to continue that work. Awesome car!
Matt

Thank you for the kind words.

I remember going to Pete’s house once in 1988 and looking at trailer cache of parts he got from back east. I carried NOS alum 990 heads onto a self and he pointed out an extra 68 S/S A-body disk setup in the pile. Crazy stuff.

I plan on making a list of date codes and complication of markings. We are just caretakers of these cars.

The lower control arms are also black on this car. I thought maybe done when a bushing change took place. Now keeping a little open mind in that.

Under dash detail showing factory carpet end cutouts

I have a build thread in the members project section about my 66 if you have time check it out. I also see the grommet around the dimmer switch in the carpet that a lot of folks say were not used by mopar, but my 66 had one too.
Matt