Originally Posted by Streetwize
Originally Posted by gch
Originally Posted by EchoSixMike
Hughes seems to still be doing it. That seems a reasonably priced initial step. S/F...Ken M

I had Hughes do their deep port match to several intakes years ago. Have one,sold one (dummy),and one was on my Polara when I sold it 3 years ago (bigger dummy). Last time I talked to Hughes their machinist had quit.

I figure picking up 20 or 30 cfm should help everywhere.Maybe that is unrealistic??

I have two or three I wouldn't mind doing but money doesn't grow on any trees in my yard.

The trick flow/victor may have been the smart move. It could be a test for later on switching to one after the M1 for any gains.

Bobby,I wish I had kept the Indy 440-2D I sold you years ago.It would be interesting to see how it compares.

I appreciate the knowledge guys.

I still have the 440-2D , I spent about 80% of the time porting the lower plenum, I'm not sure you ever noticed but there was actually a casting flaw (a void "hole" slightly larger than the diameter of a Sharpie) deep inside (I think?) the #6 roof through to the #8 floor but I epoxied it up when I ported it. You are free to borrow it back if you want to try it but of course I'd like to have it back for a future build.

What size motor and what compression and head are you running?

Motor will be .030 or .040 over 440 block with a 4.25 crank. Heads will be cnc ported edelbrock rpm. Have everything but pistons and rods. Hope to put it all together in the spring. Pump gas so maybe 10.5-1 or so. Building for max torque and hp will be what it is. Just thinking out loud as far as the intake porting goes.
Likely run it as is and then test intakes after it is in the car.Maybe on the dyno. Buddy has a trick flow intake I could borrow I'm sure.

Not a race car but should be a fun street car in a 72 Duster.