Hey guys,
I've been gone from the board for bit. The Dart has been sitting in a concrete parking structure for the past 4 years slowly falling apart.
Due to health, several operations and other boring facts, I have just recently started to try to get her back in drivable condition. As I am older and now retired, I am restricted in how much I can do. Just put rear brakes and cylinders on the car. Got it to roll and then suffered a setback when some thieves broke into the garage and stole the Crager.SS wheels and Firehawk tires. Put a set of spare old wheels on just to get it pulled home.
Now my need for help.
The starter has gone south. With the help of a friend and my grandson-in-law I am needing to replace it. The older header traps the starter. Plus has the steering running between the rear tubes The wiring has gotten crispy as well. I am contemplating replacing the headers by cutting them off, and going with a new type mini starter. What brand will not trap the new starter, allow for easier installation and clear the power steering and auto trans. linkage the best? Of the tree of us attempting the work, only one of us (me) has done automotive work. The car has lots of refreshing that needs to be done, new fuel tank, rag joint, maybe front brake cylinders, replacing stolen tires and wheels. And getting it to run of course. What do you think?