Quote:

Quote:

you know that the ONLY frame that fits under a late 30's mopar is a late 30's mopar.

John, does this apply to the trucks too?. Am I better off using what I have on my 37?

Bee dude! How's it going? To answer, I think the rest of the paragraph explains it. A truck IS easier to swap frames on. A car has a floor from the firewall back to the rear tailpan. The frame and floor must be made conform for a distance of over 10 feet (guesstimate). A truck has a cab that is usually less than 4 feet long, and a bed that is usually supported by a substructure. That makes it much easier to modify and align.
I know you have an off brand motor/trans and rear suspension and axle issues to deal with. The best bet is to KISS unless the frame is not going to support the new parts. Then it may be simpler to
go ahead and do the complete swap. I would suggest measuring everything first and looking at everything that will be changed, and make plans for each. Does the old engine sit over the front axle at the same point, or will the motor have to be moved? The old brakes were under the floorboard. The Dakota has them mounted on the firewall. Do you want to use the new pedals/linkage/booster/MC? What about the steering column? Would it be better to keep the firewall from the Dakota intact and weld it into the old body? Will the narrower old body end up with the steering wheel against the door if you do? How will the wider frame horns and wider crossflow radiator fit under and in the narrow grille of the old truck? Lots of this and more should be answered before you start cutting.