Originally Posted by Streetwize
FWIW I like to run the cup type rocker adjusters and use conventional ball -ball or tapered end Comp pushrods as opposed to a cup type pushrod.
The advantage to using a cup screw is you don't have to worry about a pushrod cup digging into the rocker from underneath if you run the threads close.

Thanks. I've thought about switching to cup adjusters for the reason you stated. It became pretty obvious I might need them when I made the checking pushrod longer. The adjuster had to go pretty far up into the rocker body to get any lash at all and by that point the cup hits the rocker like you said.

Is having two adjuster threads showing really going to cause problems? It seems OK to me but that's why I'm asking. I still have plenty of adjustment either way.

Regardless of the adjuster threads, the rest of my observations make it seem like I don't need to shim the shafts since the valve tip pattern looked better without them. And again, the pushrod at half lift was straight in line with the adjuster without shims. I do think my rocker ratio is a little better than 1.45. I don't think it's actually 1.6 either but it's at least 1.55.

I will try your method though and see what I come up with.

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500