I will likely get to breaking in the motor this weekend, or the next. I have some problem getting the distributor in while the fuel rails are installed. I need to prime the oil system since it sat for 6 months now, but I also need to pressure and leak test the fuel system before fire up. I don't want to remove the rails once I test the fuel system because that will mean a mess of flamible fuel all over my motor which scares me a little bit. So I'm thinking I'll prime the oil system then install the distribute then try to get the fuel system plumbed up and pressure tested. But I don't know if I can do that quickly, and if I run into issues on the fuel or follow up work, the engine may sit for a day or even more before I'm ready again. I know this isn't ideal, hence why I'm asking what is too long for waiting between priming the oil system and the first fire up?

If this is a big problem, can I safely turn the motor over on the starter with plugs out, fuel off and spark off to try get a reasonably fresh prime before going for broke?

Greg