Originally Posted by molloy426
I know this subject has “been round the block” a few times but here goes :-

I have a Rat Roaster RR3 single 4bbl intake for a Hemi. I understand there are better options available now but that could be said for everything. It’s a cool item and I would like to make it work.
It’s obviously tricky to run just by the fact there are not many fitted on engines but many for sale, but that said, I have read older threads that people have run them in the past with minimal issues.

Problem 1 … I understand they puddle and can backfire and explode the manifold. Fixes range from:-

1. Use epoxy or weld to fill in the puddling areas.
2. Start engine with open throttle.
3. Use a secondary ignition switch to fire the engine after turning over a few times.
4. Fit a nitrous/Blower fail safe valve to rear of manifold to avoid manifold damage.

Problem 2 … Poor low range operation.
Problem 3 … Poor fuel distribution.

Is the internal divider only for dual 4bbl in line and dual cross?

Note, I have talked with a few respected people so far and their advice and opinions are valued and probably reflect the above.

I know this is going to be challenging but is there anyone out there who has successfully run a RR3 single 4bbl with a 4500 (or other a with an adaptor plate) on the street.

What about using a EFI throttle body on RR3 or modifying the internal base for Multi-port injection … anyone played with that?

Any advice is appreciated.

Modifying it to be a hidden multiport injection may be the way to go ... that would eliminate the fuel puddling issue as long as there is minimum reversion when the intake valves are open ?? ... , I've seen a FAST system hidden inside a crossram.

running up my post count some more .