Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
That could very well be the original engine in that car. The scheduled build date of the car is not always the actual date it was built. Sometimes it can be built up to a couple of weeks later. But the stamping on the engine is the actual assembly date.

Agreed, But with a SBD date conflict. You will be forever questioning it.

My cars SBD is early April 1966, engine assy date is March 1966. I know for a fact its NOT the born with block.

BUT ,,,, my engine came out of was the original in a 1966 Coronet And the Coronets SBD date was 3 days off my cars SBD
Sadly the Coronet was burnt beyond repair in the 80s. The body was cut up and destroyed / scraped long ago.

For cars that were built very late in the production year, I have seen much larger gaps between the engine assy date and the scheduled build date of the car. DId they get caught up on hemi building and start stockpiling them?

As far as the 66 in question, the IBM card will have the shipped date as well as the scheduled production date. The larger the gap between the SPD and the shipped date, the more plausible the late engine assy date becomes, IMHO.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"