Originally Posted by Wirenut
Has anyone tried one of these? Issues ? Thoughts .

Are the factory hoods glass ?

I put one of these hood kits on my 09 SRT within a year of buying it new, so it is now 13+ years old. It is a good quality kit but I have had a couple issues. First was that it was damaged during shipping. I refused it and sent it back and they immediately sent me a new one. Good service on their part. I bought it color match painted and it did match perfectly. The bad issues I had with it are original shaker screws attaching the base plate to the top would vibrate loose. I had to replace them with screws and lock washers and have had no issues since. The other issue is the base plate for the shaker has pedestals that sit on top of intake. They are molded plastic and the engine heat with the combination of the shaker scoop weight caused them to bow down. So the driver side with the tallest pedestal sags down and the shaker now is a little tilted. I have thought about seeing if I could order just the base to fix it but just haven't gotten around to that. I'm not sure if Cervini's has had an issue with other ones or not but it is possible they may have strengthened that design. Overall I have been happy with the hood. I bought this kit before Mopar even came out with the shaker on these newer Chalengers. Here is my red one next to a factory shaker car.

IMG_3293~2.png

1970 GTX 440/727, B5/B5 1970 Barracuda conv. 318/3spd, EW1/R4 1974 Cuda 383/727, FM3/X9 1971 Barracuda 318/727, GK6/X9 1966 Coronet 500 413/727,White/Black 2010 Challenger SRT 6.1/6Spd, Tor-red/black