Moparts

Cervini shaker hood kit

Posted By: Wirenut

Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/03/23 06:13 PM

Has anyone tried one of these? Issues ? Thoughts .

Are the factory hoods glass ?
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/03/23 06:45 PM

I have not tried the kit but the factory hoods were metal.

Nearly all mopar hoods were metal. AAR, T/A, six pack road runner & coronets (1969 only I believe, feel free to correct), and the Chrysler 300 Hurst edition are the only fiberglass ones I remember on production cars.

Probably more I do not know but not many.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/03/23 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by IMGTX
I have not tried the kit but the factory hoods were metal.

Nearly all mopar hoods were metal. AAR, T/A, six pack road runner & coronets (1969 only I believe, feel free to correct), and the Chrysler 300 Hurst edition are the only fiberglass ones I remember on production cars.

Probably more I do not know but not many.

Then you have aluminum hoods in '63 and '64.

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/04/23 12:56 AM

Yes I forgot those. up
Posted By: moparx

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/04/23 04:03 PM

aluminum is "metal". biggrin
sorry, i couldn't resist...................
beer
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/04/23 04:24 PM

I have also been looking to convert my 12' to a Shaker hood to match my 70.
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/04/23 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wirenut

they have been making high quality hoods for mustangs forever, don't see why quality wouldn't be there for challengers too..
Posted By: GarageDodge

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/04/23 11:17 PM

we put one on my sons 2013 rt challenger high quality,fit&finish very good,&it has a cold air intake that works.

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/05/23 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by GarageDodge
we put one on my sons 2013 rt challenger high quality,fit&finish very good,&it has a cold air intake that works.

Thanks . Do you think it’s much heavier than the stock hood?
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/05/23 04:18 PM

Stock factory Challenger hoods are aluminum

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/05/23 04:48 PM

Thanks . Do you think it’s much heavier than the stock hood?

Sorry I thought you were asking about the Gen 1 Challengers not the Gen 3.

My bad.
Posted By: GarageDodge

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/05/23 11:45 PM

Yes it is about 30 lbs more,than stock hood.
Posted By: Adm413

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/06/23 01:28 AM

I put one of these hood kits on my 09 SRT within a year of buying it new, so it is now 13+ years old. It is a good quality kit but I have had a couple issues. First was that it was damaged during shipping. I refused it and sent it back and they immediately sent me a new one. Good service on their part. I bought it color match painted and it did match perfectly. The bad issues I had with it are original shaker screws attaching the base plate to the top would vibrate loose. I had to replace them with screws and lock washers and have had no issues since. The other issue is the base plate for the shaker has pedestals that sit on top of intake. They are molded plastic and the engine heat with the combination of the shaker scoop weight caused them to bow down. So the driver side with the tallest pedestal sags down and the shaker now is a little tilted. I have thought about seeing if I could order just the base to fix it but just haven't gotten around to that. I'm not sure if Cervini's has had an issue with other ones or not but it is possible they may have strengthened that design. Overall I have been happy with the hood. I bought this kit before Mopar even came out with the shaker on these newer Chalengers. Here is my red one next to a factory shaker car.

Attached picture IMG_3293~2.png

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/06/23 06:23 PM

Yes it is about 30 lbs more,than stock hood.

Wow . More than I would have thought.

Re: Cervini shaker hood kit - 10/06/23 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Adm413

I put one of these hood kits on my 09 SRT within a year of buying it new, so it is now 13+ years old. It is a good quality kit but I have had a couple issues. First was that it was damaged during shipping. I refused it and sent it back and they immediately sent me a new one. Good service on their part. I bought it color match painted and it did match perfectly. The bad issues I had with it are original shaker screws attaching the base plate to the top would vibrate loose. I had to replace them with screws and lock washers and have had no issues since. The other issue is the base plate for the shaker has pedestals that sit on top of intake. They are molded plastic and the engine heat with the combination of the shaker scoop weight caused them to bow down. So the driver side with the tallest pedestal sags down and the shaker now is a little tilted. I have thought about seeing if I could order just the base to fix it but just haven't gotten around to that. I'm not sure if Cervini's has had an issue with other ones or not but it is possible they may have strengthened that design. Overall I have been happy with the hood. I bought this kit before Mopar even came out with the shaker on these newer Chalengers. Here is my red one next to a factory shaker car.

Thanks for sharing . Found a really good deal on one locally, but maybe I should hold out for oem
© 2024 Moparts Forums