Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I had a rider on my homeowners insurance for my tools. When my garage burned down I had to buy new tools then send in the receipts and was reimbursed for every tool I bought. It ended up being around $15K. I also got $5K for my brochure collection, it was every brochure that I could find from the 50's until the late 70's. The only thing I didn't get reimbursed for was my NOS and used parts, that hurt... frown

Up to 25K is doable for Additional cost, over that they start waffling calling it commercial (which it was to a point).

The other issue is my shop is literally 5 ft from the house. 25 years ago, no problem. Today? I can't get house insurance with this type of business so close to the house. So I've basically shut the business down which I was ready to do anyway. So the house insurance is OK but the tools and equipment currently are insured through another company.
Silly me thought, i just have them add a "rider" for the T&E, A bit more expensive than who I'm going through. hence the post and question beer