Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
I think they will get more then a slap on the wrist. Not only the severity of the crime but all done to hide it. Overall it seems just not too smart of a pair from the start.

The last article had their sentences.

David Alexander Halliburton, 56, pleaded guilty to failing to remain at the scene of an accident causing bodily harm or death, and obstructing justice. He was sentenced to two and half years behind bars. His sentence also includes a three-year prohibition on driving and a condition that he must submit DNA to a database.

Anastasia Marie Halliburton, 54, who helped hide the vehicle, pleaded guilty to obstructing justice and was given a six-month conditional sentence, including four months of house arrest and two months of curfew. She must also complete 200 hours of community service.

I think they got off too light but there is a lot of things that time hid from the prosecution. Was the driver drunk? Was there malice or just an accident? etc. All of that and more could only be revealed if the driver or family was honest but he\they have proven they aren't capable of being honest.

They are sick and terrible people in my book.