Traced the fuel-return problem (and high fuel pressure?) in my '70 Charger to the big vapor separator that runs along the right side of the trunk, up over the wheel well.

The four vent lines from the vapor separator to the fuel tank are fine, and separating the fuel return line from the vapor separator allowed me to verify that the fuel return line (that leads to the engine) is OK. But the line leading up into the vapor separator is clogged. The outlet from the vapor separator up front is thus deadheaded, allowing fuel pressure to build up to like 9 psi- and when you shut off the engine it takes hours to bleed back down.

I haven't been able to locate a replacement part for the vapor separator- all internet references point to the little vapor separator up front. That's not what I'm talking about.

If I can't unblock the line (plumber's helper?), I was thinking of just using one of the fuel tank vent lines (that go up into the vapor separator) for the fuel return, and tee the extra line coming from the tank to one of the other three. Has anyone done this? Any ideas for unblocking the vent line?