Back in the 1979-1984 I was spending my entire paycheck buying parts for my Challengers. One of those parts were new 15" trim rings. But something crazy was happening. I would order 4 of them and when they came in 2 might fit and 2 had the gap. The difference was the box. If it had the blue and white Chrysler parts sticker on it, it was a 15x7. If it had the red, white and blue mopar sticker it was a 15x6.5. It didn't take long to figure out that Chrysler had reused the part numbers on the 15x6.5 trim ring so it was a crap shoot on whether I got the correct ones or not. I sent many back. Then one day I was picking up my parts at the dealer and a zone rep just happened to be there. In my stash of new parts were some new trim rings and with the same issue. The parts manager, who I had become great friends with, called the rep over to show him what was going on and I told him the problem. He apologized for the issues and then invited me up to the Tappan NY parts warehouse to get the correct rings! I drove up with my girlfriend and my Challenger and met him. We walked into the warehouse and it was like the last scene of Indiana jones with many rows of bins stacked 5 high. I got into a golf cart and we proceeded to drive over to the correct bin. There were hundreds of trim ring boxes but he picked out the last 12 correct blue/white label boxes and then sent them to my dealer. Myself and 2 buddies (with a T/A and an AAR) got those last sets. I can't speak for the other warehouses but back in the day, I got the last 12 out of Tappan NY. And they were in boxes, not vacuum wrapped. They also were a lot cheaper then $7k!

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A