Originally Posted by MOPARMIKE69
I have been attending the Nats and judging for over 30 years. Yes every year. Sure things have changed because of a lot of factors. The past two years the Nats has been more fun than any of the long ago years. I love the fact that there are fewer people than 20 years ago. Makes it easier and more enjoyable to not have to deal with the nutjobs that no longer come. The track has improved greatly no more nasty port a pots. No more trash cans over flowing. Racing is bigger and better than ever. That alone makes The Nats better by far. Plenty of swap meet stuff just a lot fewer parts being brought because there are less and less original parts left. Vendors don't come like they used to because of expenses and internet sales. 20 years ago gas was under $2.00 a gallon. It was over $3.50 this year and Hotels used to be $65 and now, most are over $150.

Oh let's see. Carlise you gotta park in groups not with your friends. No Judging just friends picking friends cars. A trophy from Carlise is no big deal. The level of Judging at the Nats continues to be the best of all shows with MCACN a close second. I know I have judged at both events. Again I love the fact that there are less cars being judged because two thirds of those car from 20 years ago were just drivers. The level of quality of the cars we have now is far superior than years past. There were two Gold cars two years ago. There hasn't been a Gold level car in years. Showing at the the Nats has improved every year and this year was the smoothest ever. Having the judged car show field on the other side of the track has been great! No more 45 minute walks around the back of the track to see the show or carry parts.
You golf carts whiners should have been here this year. There were a fraction of carts there and not once did I experience or see any problems with carts. So stop all ready with the "Golf cart Nationals" crap.

Hotels are much easier to get. Getting in the gates doesn't take an hour anymore. And as far as Friday and Saturday night cruises. Brice road sucks now and sucked then compared to what we have now. Heath has so much to offer and if you want the experience of pandemonium crowds and burnouts Buckeye Lake rocked!!!! Cops let it all happen.
The weather was fantastic. Not hot and sweltering like Carlise. No body falling out or in need of misting tents. No rain except a few sprinkles Friday. Saturday nothing but beautiful weather.
To even say the show cannot be saved and it is going under is ludicrous. It doesn't need to be saved. It is alive and well and more fun than ever.

This is just as I see it also. I quit judging 15 years ago because of working with Mr. Norms Garage and then Mr. Norm. The parts sales are down, but this was my swan song on vending, no more after this one. I am going to take the time I spent on parts selling and actually put together one or several of my cars and take them to Carlisle and The Nats. You will always see me at both shows, if you do not please send the wife condolences... angel

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!