Originally Posted by 71TA
We ship 30,000 packages a year. In my "order has shippedf" confirmation email I put "if you use USPS you basically assume all the risk cause they have ISSUES".

I think the only way to fix the system is to eliminate the humans. And make the postal system like one gigagntic PO Box system where you pay for a PO box and have to go pick up your mail YOURSELF. That would eliminate porch theft and wrong deliveries. People just do not want to work and if they show up they don't want to do a good job. Just look around at your co workers. If YOU had to pay them a salary out of YOUR pocket, WOULD YOU! I bet I have only worked with 5 people I would hire. most of them get paid VERY WELL (beyond what I could afford) or are in business themselves (go figure).

PS My old mail guy that picked up and delivered at my business said "the USPS hires people that no one else will". Ouch.

You just stated the reason for me having a P.O. box. If it's anything of value, it goes to the PO box. Many of the things I buy are NOS rarities that aren't easily replaced. Theft and lost items are not an option I can afford.

July 19th should be "Drive Like Rockford Day". R.I.P. Jimmie.