Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
I've had mail from five miles across town take four days. If something comes to Fresno from out of town it will take two days as it goes to our main post office and then to our area post office.

This seems to be the same here for us and our local USPS. I drove to the local post office to mail a letter to a town 20 miles southwest of here and had it postmarked before noon and was hoping it would arrive the next day. Nope took three days to go 20 miles. The next time I drove east or the opposite direction to a slightly larger town (but not all that much larger) and dropped it off in the drive up box outside the USPS facility with a pick up of an hour after I put it in the box of 5:00 pm. It was there the next day?????? I had a part shipped to me via USPS and tracking showed that it arrived at our hometown USPS at 6:00 am and I kept checking to when it was going to show as "out for delivery" that morning and it never did??? Called and asked what was going on and asked if I could just come in and pick it up but was told NO, and it was in the sorting area for going out the next day and couldn't do remove it and it had to be delivered to the address. flame Cost me another day and a half to have it delivered at 2 pm the next day. Seems it's the chain of all of these small inefficient USPS facilities that screw up the speed at which something moves through the system. What gets me is when you see in tracking something that was only a few Zip codes away end up on hold in a town or city hundreds of miles away and way past where you are and most likely the semi truck carry your mail or package drove past on the highway or interstate roadway only a few miles away. wink