Originally Posted by A12
Me, I would use this to my advantage to maybe reduce the price of the car a little wink wink You know it runs but of course not like it should and it's going to take (a little) work or $$$ to get it corrected. Doesn't seem to me like it going to really be a big issue to resolve. A new carburetor, a carb rebuild, a carb swap with a known working used one. Ask the owner if with this issue they would consider less for it? What happens if you get it running correctly and the guy then figures it's worth more than what he was hoping to get, then you just fixed it for him and then wants more $$$. I'd see if he will take less and get it home and get it running correctly. twocents (and don't offer any help at this point on what might be wrong, again twocents

Sorry if I'm misreading the situation here but is seems you are fixing something that you don't own at the moment?

Mike

up iagree

years ago (1974?) A friend found a 68 GTS sitting in an apartment stall and had been there a while by the dust covering it. We made contact with the owner and he wanted 650 for it as i recall but it wouldn't start (which is why he parked it). I offered 450 and he was waffling. My buddy comments the money is greener than the car (it was green) So the owner took the offer. I popped in a new set of plugs I kept in the glove box of my 69 Swinger for unexpected late night uhhh contests smile Hit the key and away we went. AC plugs didn't seem to like leaded fuel and 340's at the time and that is what the car had in it wink Put about 30 or 40 k on it before selling it for 1,000 apimp up