Originally Posted by TJP
I have been able to revive many over the years flushing with carb cleaner / brake clean and air. If the openings were not blocked prior to blasting /painting etc. there's a good chance they are full of debris. Pouring or spraying the chemical in, block the opening and roll the horn to get the liquid into the center. Repeat until you can hear the liquid inside the horn when you shake it.
Reverse and see how much cr-p comes out.
Repeat above if needed.
Counting the number of turns, Remove the adjusting screw, write the number down.. If it is dry, it's sealed. Squirt the cleaner trough the hole and shake. Repeat as needed.

Flush both sides with air and set aside in a warm area to evaporate any remaining solvents.
When no residual vapors are detected, Reinstall the screw the same number of turns.

Bench test. Sometimes adjusting the screw under power will wake them up.
The above method has worked many times but not always. Probably ` 75%|
If this does not work refer to the article suggested.
You decide which is easier wink

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone ever found a source for socket used to turn the adjusting screw???

This was great advice!

First; THANK YOU to everyone that took time to help diagnose this issue. Been away for a few days for baseball and wanted to report back.

While working with these horns, accidently dropped one on the garage floor and when I picked it up, there was a chunk of crud on the floor. Shook the horn and sure enough it had a bunch of media that had hardened from when it was blasted prior to painting. Same with the second horn when I gave it a whack with a soft mallet. Even after that, still no "honk" after blowing compressed air in it and through the adjuster screw hole and bolting up with the cleaned up mounting brackets.

Lastly, borrowed a set of working Sparton horns from Mopar buddy and that did the trick. Soon as they were bolted up, they worked flawlessly. After that bought new set of Sparton horns and bolted those up and same thing, working flawlessly! BUT, after getting both sets of horns bolted up, came to realize that one of the original horns was not working to start. It was nowhere as loud as it is now with working horns. So, I was only working with one working horn to start and then that one gave up the ghost. ** We did try jumping the old horns once again after the media was discovered inside them and they just will not work.

Thanks again for all the good advice and diagnosing techniques, it was all very much appreciated!! smile
1971 GY3 340 Demon

GY3 71 Demon 340