About 10 posts down is an interview with Landy himself. Here is a particularly cool excerpt:

'Dick Landy: In 1962 people from Chrysler, like Bob McDaniels and Ronnie Householder saw that I was doing pretty good here on the west coast and offered me a car and parts and pieces, to race their Chrysler because not many people were racing them. I said ‘Well, let’s try it out, let’s see what the deal is.’ I had heard a lot about it. They brought a car out and I ran it, and I realized that in dead-stock tune it was going almost as fast as we were going with our highly modified "stock" cars at that time. I was just shocked. I had to switch. The performance is what I liked. At that time, I said ‘Yeah, let’s do it.’ So, they furnished me with a Plymouth, and I raced that all through ’62. Then in ‘63, I got the 426" Wedge, I believe they called it the Stage 2 at that time. I raced that all through that season. Then Dodge came along in ‘64 and wanted me too, because I had mainly raced on the west coast, so the Dodge dealers up here in Orange County wanted to sponsor me and they switched me over to a Dodge. I raced the Dodge Wedge that whole year. It was just fabulous. We were doing great! We were just kind of whipping everybody, you know, it was just remarkable. Chevys and Fords were dead meat, you might say… it was great.

Then, in February 1964, they pop up with this Hemi® engine, a creation of Tom Hoover and the boys - they have always been my heroes through the years. The things I’ve learned from them is just unbelievable and we had a good relationship at that point going over to the Hemi. By mid-year, we switched over to the Hemi two-door sedan with the aluminum front-end. It was fabulous. You know, we really, really dominated out here on the coast and it worked out really well. We went back east once with it, ran a few exhibition match races, raced at Indianapolis and we qualified, and did really well.'

www.yellowbullet.com/threads/tribute-to-a-legend-week-4-dick-landy.29101

Master, again and still