We run a commercial HVAC company here in Tucson. We are not your typical HVAC company that only works on the smaller 5-ton and less mini-split kind of company. We work on chillers, boilers, pumps, cooling towers and pretty much all things HVAC from service to replacements to new construction. While there is no shortage of work there is definitely a shortage of skilled workers. This really should be of no surprise to anyone as it has been a topic of discussion with folks like Mike Rowe, Dave Ramsey and others. The question is, when will it improve? I've attempted to find skilled workers for awhile now with no luck. I think at this point anyone that's worth having is happily employed and or at least handsomely paid. In either case, the situation is still such that there is a notable shortage of workers. To dive deeper into this shortage, I'm seeing a generational gap. It appears as though the older skilled folks are retiring out and there is a clear gap in the age of the workforce in these trades. This is probably something we should have seen coming and sadly I think it's only going to get worse.

Has anyone found a way around this mess? If so, care to share words of wisdom?

At this point, unless I'm missing something in my hiring endeavors, my new plan is to find not so much someone skilled per se but rather someone who is mechanically inclined, has a desire to learn a skilled trade and perhaps most importantly, has integrity. I understand this is still a tall order but if I can find them, I'll be thrilled to teach them everything I know in hopes of doing my part to fix this train wreck. If anybody knows someone that fits the bill send them my way... up

[img]https://s9.postimg.cc/6fbjxzfvv/48-2016-_Drag-_Weekend-_Best-_Burnouts-lpr.jpg[/img]

73 GTX *440*727*8 3/4*
69 DART GT *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
73 ROAD RUNNER *451*4 SPEED*DANA*
64 F100 *383*4 SPEED*9"*
75 DODGE D300 *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
99 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 DUALLY... ON 38"s