Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
Very cool catch!I think you're Wright something to do with camera maybe microphone,hopefully it's not keeping the bumper own lol

My son and I spotted it also this past Sunday during the second episode when the motorcycle officer Grant went missing. The scene was in a parking lot with Sargent McDonald standing outside Malloy's driver's window but Malloy's partner officer Reed was also heard talking even though he was on the other side or the car. That's why we were guessing it was for a microphone as there was no in car camera work for officer Reed. The camera zoomed out and Malloy backed away out of the lot and there was no evidence of a boom microphone and you couldn't see the front of the Matador so a quick disconnect of the mic is what we figured. Couldn't figure out why they didn't run it down the passenger's side of the car? I'm too busy looking at the other passing cars, the cars parked on the streets and the ones in the parking lots to always keep up with the episode plot. laugh2 BTW Jack Webb had the car's windshield remove after the first episode for those on trailer or film screen behind the car scenes. And the inside rearview mirror is always moved up as much as possible. Yeah too much time on my hands at the moment blush wink

Noticed last night that not all of the windshield was removed. I saw the reflection on the outer edge (on the trailer) and looked at the center of the windshield and saw it didn't have reflection. Paused it and then saw the jagged edge of remaining windshield. I guess it was there to catch some reflections and make it look like the entire windshield was still in. Looks a little dangerous but fooled me wink

20230702_234557AB1 copy.jpg