As stated the reason for going to abigger bearing is to be able have a larger base circle allowing for more lobe. You can only so much lobe on a stock cam core before it physically wont fit in the cam bearings. I have engines with roller bearing and babbits, all large cores. And yes the one HUGE difference is the effort required toto turn it over to adjust valves or start it. They say with oil pressure there is little if any loss of power but that is hard to believe knowing how much more difficult turning a babbit bearing large cam over VS a roller. My last predator was a 60MM Babbit bearing and you with a 3ft snap on ratchet on the crank bolt took a LOT of force to turn it over. Yes that is also a consequence of spring pressure but if you go to a larger core cam your likely gonna have a fair amount of spring pressure. It also puts a lot more stress on the battery. Bullet and LSM have cores Wedge cores are always a bit more difficult than Hemi cores. Currently Bullet is making me a new cam for my current predator start ot finihs should be 30 days or less.

There is no "lite load" on a cam that has 500 pounds and 1300+ open. Many reasons to go to larger base circle camshafts but to over simplify it, you do it to go faster. Whether you choose babbit or roller is your choice. But trust me two similar cams with similar springs it aint hard to tell which one has babbit bearings in it. While many say there is no power in that its hard to wrap your head around. FWIW we are changing the vette to a clamshell roller bearing. The reason we cannot get enough lobe on a 60MM core. The reason for most going to the larger base circle is two fold. Yes the larger core for more lift, but that also allows for a more forgiving "backside" to the lobe. Where cams of this nature tend to have issues controlling the lifters and keeping them on the lobe. There is a LOT more to it for sure.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"