Originally Posted by moparply
One of the major reasons could be the total cost to attend is too expensive. The total cost for a friend to attend Chryslers @ Carlisle coming from Wi to PA 8 years ago was $1000 round trip, that was with shared travel/hotel expenses. He stopped going because he said it was too much for him to justify. The total cost for a small single space parts vender for Chryslers @ Carlisle from NJ to PA, shared hotel, gas, bridge tolls, turnpike tolls, vending space, trailer registration, misc. truck/trailer expenses, that can run $700-$1000 in expenses depending on where you are staying and how many are in your hotel room. The bottom number is for 3 nights in a complete dump hotel with 3 people. If you need tires for your trailer, tires for your truck, tables, tents, maintenance, etc, that will cost more. There is a really good chance you will sell nothing! If you have to rent a truck, van or car that can easily cost you $1000 for just 4 days of rental.

Jacks and Jimmy Auto Parts from Howell NJ stopped going to most of the shows back in the day because of the expenses. Some of the more current parts venders also stopped going for the same reason.

Another reason why a lot of the very rare vintage cars don't attend could be how people drive these days. It's absoluty crazy how people drive here in NJ. Total free for all! Couldn't imagine driving a rare valuable car around here! They will hit you and not even blink an eye telling you it was your fault. Most are texting, running stop signs, running red lights, driving impaired on anything they can get their hands on, all while doing this at 100 MPH. One of the reasons for this is there is very limited police presence.

On the major roads around here they are often advertising for Local and State Police Wanted. There is a shortage for sure!

I have been going to all the major Mopar shows in the midwest and PA for 30 years. Expenses never mattered to me as I sell parts and even if I broke even I had a great time! People biatch about the Mopar Nats isn't what it used to be, but I go every year anyway and just take a positive attitude with me. Mopars in the Park was just as good or bad as it always has been, and though some of the shows are down in attendance once again it is all what you yourself think about it... work

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!