Originally Posted by TX9H6E4CUDA

That sucks big time. Everyone should be out driving or even flogging their cars. This investment crap is killing the hobby and the future interest in these cars. I am bummed to see people are so afraid and uptight to drive their cars because of possibly devaluing a "investment". Have good insurance and enjoy your car....we only get one go at it.

I totally disagree. It's not solely "devaluing an investment". I do not, and never will have, any "investment quality" cars. But I am out for a Sunday drive in my '69 Dart and some youngster texting one of her friends about her latest personal calamity blows a red light and crumples my front end. What do I do now? Sometimes it's not a question of "devaluing' something as much as "how am I going to fix this?" Look at AMD, dropping Mopar sheet metal left and right. Where am I going to find parts? Oh yeah, I'll have insurance so now I have a check with nothing to spend it on. It'll be back to the 80's for parts....only those parts cars don't exist any more. I did own a '70 Superbird at one time and sold it with one of the primary reasons being if I drove it and get in an accident, where do I turn to fix it?

As far as flogging a car, I remember an article with an owner of a numbers matching Hemi E-body. One of his comments was that with the cost of 2nd generation Hemis, at about 5,000 he started feeling a pain in his wallet, at 6,000 it was almost unbearable, and at 7,000 he was lifting. Sometime reality has to enter the equation, this isn't the late 60's/early 70's anymore.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".