I guess that I should have noted for those that don't already know; I am a licensed rebuilder here in Illinois and have been for decades.

The curtain bags are readily available for $125 to $200 a piece. The belts can be recharged for about $75 a piece. I have done that work many times, so I am familiar with the routine. It is labor intensive, much of the interior must be removed but I don't mind. It's way better than swapping engines or trannies. (Automatic transmissions, that is) We can have the A/B module flashed for little to no money. Often without even removing it anymore.

The seats are ugly as #@$& anyway, so I would just replace them all and probably the door panels, too. $500 to $1,000 used depending.....

The suspension situation is garden variety. No big deal although some pieces may be unique to this model.

The info about the repop wheels is good to know. up

Since I am not a body man those repairs would have to be farmed out and would account for the largest repair cost for me.

So, I figured somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,500 in repairs leaving some room for surprises. MMR puts the car at $26k with a deduct for miles, KBB puts it at $28 with an add for the miles. The difference is that one is average auction money and the other is retail money, so they look at it differently. There will be something like $1,400 in auction (don't get me started on Copart) and state fees (don't get me started on Illinois). If I stay around $15,000 (not a firm limit) I would be in it for less than $20k. That should leave me some margin when I'm done with it. I never keep anything like this very long. Fix, enjoy awhile, and move on.

I am done with the muscle car projects for a whole lot of reasons. These late models are almost as much fun, but are not nearly as difficult nor have nearly as many unknowns. And, there's lots more to choose from.

Master, again and still