Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by poorboy
I had no preadjust, I pulled any inline 6 out, flathead or slant, didn't matter. I replaced every one that came by my shop with a V8. Both forms of the inline 6 had the same level of esteem at my place. devil

And that's how the term belly button came about.

Every one has one.

I have an aluminum high compression head, split exhaust, electronic ignition, Dual throttle body EFI waiting to go on the 230 I am building. No belly button there.

But not everyone can think outside the box.

Not completely bellybutton, The V8s I switched everything to were always Mopar V8s, not quite as bad as those guys that put Chevy V8s into. I even put a couple 318s into a few Chevy cars and trucks, and one Pontiac, for other people. I had possession of a Chevy with its title in my hand on two different occasions, both times someone wanted each of them more then I did and I managed to put a little cash in my pocket both times. I also had possession of a Ford with its title in my hand. That one I kept for a couple weeks before the junk yard could get there to haul it away. The Chevys I bought with the person that bought each on mind, the Ford was a trade in on a heap fine Chrysler product I was selling (it was way better then the Ford).

It is nice that you spent the money to improve the flathead, they do look cool and are a fresh sight on many modern V8 installs, but The stock V6 (239CI 3.9 V6) in my coupe has more HP then your dressed up flathead and cost a boat load less money. Being a poor boy, I need to get the most out of the money I spend. Guess that puts me in the bellybutton class, but I can better afford to have fun, spending less money.