The United States Constitution says all men are create equal, not so according to some women I have had the opportunity to entertain whistling
AKA, this is the great U.S.A. were we get to choose what we like and don't like, thanks be to God that not all of us like Chebys haha
I am a die hard Mopar guy, I had a 1955 Dodge D500 17 ft. long flatbed truck that I haul logs and firewood with, it had a 264 C.I .Dodge fatt head inline six cylinder in it with a 4 speed truck tranny and a vacuum operated two speed rear end (Desoto cars had the same C.I. motor in some of the early models) there was one more bigger C.I. Flat six that came in the cheaper Chryslers cars and the D600 and maybe also in the D700.
That motor had a freeze crack in it along the bottom of the cooling passages on the drivers side before I bought it, I tried all types of stop leak including pepper and other home remedies, nothing help so I would drainit when it got cold and put water init when I wanted to use it.
I ended up changing the motor to a 1957 Chrysler 392 Hemi motor New yorker motor rated at 325 HP. I also switch it from 6 volts to 12V, that was the best thing I ever did to that truck, with the six cylinder in it with a car on the back I had to use the brakes to slow it down going down grades like the Cajon Pass when I let off, it would flat speed up shock After swapping the motor it would slow down on its own when I let off the gas pedal with the Hemi motor in it, the rear end shifter better under a load also, more vacuum = better truck up boogie
It road like a truck with a race car on it, I ended up selling it to a guy who wanted to haul a medium size tractor on it and bought a 1957 dodge one ton converted to a car hauler, same deal the motor was worn out and I had to swap a newer model 318 truck motor into it wrench realcrazy shruggy
My message is live life like you want, screw everybody else and what they think and say hammer devil

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 04/21/23 03:00 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)