Originally Posted by A39Coronet
If you want to justify 1/8 mile because it's more affordable for the track, less VHT, less insurance, that's fine. But don't build a 1000+ HP car, with 900lb open pressure, to shift at 7500+ and then cry cause maintenance and trap speed is too much to deal with.

No one forces anyone to drop big money into an exotic motor or to go fast. Flame away but that's the truth. If going fast doesn't feel safe, slow your car down. I've had more fun racing 11.50 index than likely anything else I've done.

Agree.
I sponsored that class at monster Mopar for a few years.
I remember you taking me out one year. You do a good job and enjoyed meeting you and picking your brains a little..lol
That was a blast, footbraking on a pro tree is fun and not easy.
I have been fast before(9’s) and now that I am older and not as healthy as I wish I was, racing stuff that rarely breaks is lots of fun.
Could care less about racing a cut up lightweight single purpose car, having to get license, full suit or
of armor, extra cage, and if your bracket racing, spending money to go fast doesn’t guarantee you an extra dime at the pay window. Always a faster gun.
My wife agrees, slower car works out to longer vacations

Last edited by B3422W5; 02/24/23 12:33 AM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17