Free Parking!

Free Pit Pass!

Attached picture 2023 World of Mopars.jpg
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 01/26/23 08:37 PM

NO KOS shruggy
Posted By: hemi-challenger

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 01/29/23 02:55 PM

This will be one race you will want to be at and more information coming soon.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/03/23 12:46 PM

Can't wait.

We didnt make it to Norwalk at all last year since they cut the mopar and no box races.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/03/23 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by n20mstr
NO KOS shruggy

Pretty sure you can thank the previous promoter for that.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/03/23 02:06 PM

I mean they never got more than a few cars for KOS so it would seem tuff to add without a sponsor stepping up.

I always liked watching them.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/09/23 06:30 PM

I have been getting a lot of requests that everyone wants Super Pro to only run 1/8 mile.
Looking for feed back on if this is true facts or not, Please let us here from you. Thanks / Gary
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/09/23 06:39 PM

No please leave it 1/4 mile for super pro. With a good facility like Norwalk no need to run 1/8. if they had bad shut down area's or something I could see it. But never seen an issue w/shutdown at Norwalk. So please if possible keep it 1/4 mile
Thank you,
Ken Michalik
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/09/23 06:45 PM

Super pro has been 1/8th mile for years at monster Mopar and their regular program. Pro ran 1/4 mile but switched their regular program to 1/8th mile now. Most of us running super pro (box class) now have our cars set up for 1/8 mile only. I no I do because every track has race at only runs box 1/8 mile.
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/09/23 06:48 PM

1/8 miles sucks count me out
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/10/23 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Super pro has been 1/8th mile for years at monster Mopar and their regular program. Pro ran 1/4 mile but switched their regular program to 1/8th mile now. Most of us running super pro (box class) now have our cars set up for 1/8 mile only. I no I do because every track has race at only runs box 1/8 mile.

Pro has always been 1/4 at Monster Mopar. As well as being by far the biggest class. One of the big reasons for that is because it’s 1/4.
I think a lot of guys who show up to events like Mopar at Norwalk are very casual racers, not big dollar type racers , or even points type racers at home tracks.
As such, they enjoy getting to make full passes to see what they can run, as much as going rounds.
Frankly John, I know it’s been years since you have even attended the Mopar event at Norwalk. You have complained not enough payout for the entry fee
Personally, I hope they don’t change Pro, Sportsman or Nostalgia super stock. All have been 1/4 there as long as I have raced in it, which has been pretty much every year now since around 2000 or so.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/10/23 05:24 PM

Thanks for the feed back have received a lot. They aren't changing any other class, we were just trying to get feed back on Super Pro. More information will be coming soon.
Thanks / Gary

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/10/23 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by B3422W5

Pro has always been 1/4 at Monster Mopar. As well as being by far the biggest class. One of the big reasons for that is because it’s 1/4.
I think a lot of guys who show up to events like Mopar at Norwalk are very casual racers, not big dollar type racers , or even points type racers at home tracks.
As such, they enjoy getting to make full passes to see what they can run, as much as going rounds.
Frankly John, I know it’s been years since you have even attended the Mopar event at Norwalk. You have complained not enough payout for the entry fee
Personally, I hope they don’t change Pro, Sportsman or Nostalgia super stock. All have been 1/4 there as long as I have raced in it, which has been pretty much every year now since around 2000 or so.

Not that it is any of your business but two years I couldn’t go because of health issues. The move from September moved it into
a three day 15,000.00 race 45 miles from my house. I love big money events and how they are ran. I love racing 3-4 days and staying at the track. But above all I like supporting great races at my home track. We all have choices to make in life. Get someone to put those new headers on for you so you are ready. Since you can’t do it yourself.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/10/23 08:19 PM

Here is more information for World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports

Attached File
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/11/23 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by hemi-challenger
Here is more information for World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports

Thanks Gary!!!
Posted By: 71Demon528

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/21/23 12:18 AM

1/8 Mile for super pro is my vote. I used to be die hard old school 1/4 mile only racer. Now I won’t even run an event unless it’s 1/8 mile.
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/21/23 11:28 AM

1/4 mile.

if you're scared of the big bad 1/4 mile, slow your car down or stay home.
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/21/23 05:30 PM

I totally agree, as stated this track has a good shut down. Monster Mopar to my knowledge has always run 1/4 Super Pro as I would dbl enter in both classes. Drag racing is a 1/4 mile, Only the Top Dog/KOS stuff ran some 1/8 miles races. I even went back and watched a lot of it on YouTube to re-verify this fact.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/21/23 05:49 PM

These days 1/8 mile Super Pro is the standard. Even out here on the left coast which was the last holdout. With all the big dollar bracket stuff exclusively 1/8 mile it makes sense to me. But I prefer the 1/4 mile myself but understand why they are all making the switch. Sucks for me testing the throttle stop stuff however.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/21/23 06:18 PM

Drag Racing is supposed to be 1/4 mile. I know so many events have switched 1/8 mile, but I hate it. I hate even watching it. The race is pretty much always won off of the light. 1/4 mile you still have a chance to Run'em down.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/21/23 07:06 PM

I don’t think anyone is afraid of 1/4 mile. It’s more about just the way racing has gone is 1/8 mile. And for those who are competitive bracket racers and put more than a handful of runs on their stuff during the year, 1/8 mile saves a lot of money on everything.

I used to be dedicated to 1/4 mile racing, if it was 1/8 mile I wouldn’t go. Then everything went to 1/8 mile, including pro/modified class. So it was simple, race 1/8 mile, or don’t race.

Mopar nats top bulb is 1/8 mile.
Mopar madness at 42 is also 1/8 mile top bulb.
Just the way things have gone.
Posted By: dvw

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/22/23 12:26 AM

I see one reason for 1/8 mile racing. Lower cost for the track facilty. Less prep, less insurance cost. To me the progaram takes longer. Takes cars longer to get off the track. Easier on parts? Your set-up can't the aditional 3 or 4 seconds of WOT? I can understand the safety aspect with cars that run at higher speed. But most of that is heads up stuff, not bracket racing. But the line has been drawn. 1/4 mile isn't coming back. Fortunately my class runs 1/4 mile which I prefer. Hope it lasts.
Doug

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/22/23 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by dvw
I see one reason for 1/8 mile racing. Lower cost for the track facilty. Less prep, less insurance cost. To me the progaram takes longer. Takes cars longer to get off the track. Easier on parts? Your set-up can't the aditional 3 or 4 seconds of WOT? I can understand the safety aspect with cars that run at higher speed. But most of that is heads up stuff, not bracket racing. But the line has been drawn. 1/4 mile isn't coming back. Fortunately my class runs 1/4 mile which I prefer. Hope it lasts.
Doug

I can’t believe guys like you that do race lots has never seen the time saving of 1/8th mile racing. Two years in a row at the Halloween Classic I lost at 16 cars on a Friday night high rollers race. (128 car field) I lost at 3:30am both years. Nothing else changed except they started running the whole Classic 1/8 mile instead of 1/4 mile. Racing is now over before 12am and I mean the whole program. The track crew scrapes the track nightly. The Ace races that are three day races and limited to 400 cars running 1/8 mile is over at around 3am even with no time trials and back on the track at 7am. Good luck doing that running 1/4 mile. Several of these races have to deal with rain at least on day and running 1/8 mile we still get the racing in. Most and I said most of the 1/4 mile lovers hit one maybe two Mopar races a year. If I had an 11 second car I would probably still hate 1/8 mile racing too but the quicker you go the more fun 1/8 mile racing is.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/22/23 03:51 AM

It’s impossible for a 130 mph 1/4 mile car to not clear the top of the track, before that same car, doing 105-106 in the 1/8 coasting out does( this all assumes the only place to get off the track is the top end.
What I see speeding up bracket days is tracks going to 1 time trial instead of two.
But,..time isn’t super important,…..because virtually nobody does away with buybacks, which take a lot of time.
Regards down time, I bet 90+ % of down time is from incidents occurring from the water box to the 330…if not more.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/22/23 04:14 AM

I’ll ask one question and I know the answer. Two cars are staged and two cars are sitting in the water box. When are the guys in the water box told to start heating their tires.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/22/23 04:37 AM

I’ll ask one question and I know the answer. Two cars are staged and two cars are sitting in the water box. When are the guys in the water box told to start heating their tires.

When both guys trees have come down.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/22/23 01:56 PM

DVW, definitely a safety factor as well, agreed. Of course my stuff can handle a couple more seconds WOT. I built the car for 1/4 mile. But crossing the 1/8 at 7,100 compared to 7,800 on the 1/4 mile, ya I’d say it makes a difference on my wallet.

John, I’m with you buddy. Faster you go, more fun the 1/8 is and I definitely agree it’s faster of a program. Most breakage occurs after the 1/8 mile, and then it’s a longer cleanup. I’ll also agree with 1 time trial.

Guys who don’t race all season long, then pull their stuff out of the garage and head to the Mopar race at Norwalk for 1/4 mile. Then we are all sitting for hours on end for track cleanup.
Posted By: dvw

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/22/23 03:50 PM

Why is the 1/8 program quicker? For sure it takes longer to get off the track running 1/8. Thats the part I like the least. I don't agree that most failures are on the top end. Plenty at the starting line or early on. Trans and axle rarely fail big time down track. Want to speed up the program? Have cars in the lanes ready to go instead of emptying the lanes between rounds. Start the burnouts in a timely manner. Slow staging holds up stuff as well. Do your burnout and stage. When you are called to lanes, show up on time. If not, too bad. Run a diaper and engine clean-ups are quicker no matter where they occur. As far as gear. Why not gear to run both? Less starting line ratio in the1/8. Less chance of spin. Just because a car isn't a weekly racer doesn't doom it to failure either. I see plenty at 1/8 bracket races that haven't seen any maintenance in years.
Doug
Posted By: challenger1320

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/22/23 04:03 PM

Are there any tracks in the Ohio tri state area still running 1/4 mile for super pro?

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/23/23 02:38 AM

Well Doug like you said, the line has been drawn and 1/4 mile isn’t coming back. Lucky for some such as yourself, you still get to run 1/4 mile. I just simply prefer 1/8 mile. I just got used to it after it changed. I don’t knock anyone who still loves 1/4 mile because hey, it is more fun to go 152 mph over 121 mph, all day long. It’s just not the way things are done anymore. But if the Mopar race at Norwalk does 1/4 mile for super pro, then it is what it is.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/23/23 03:46 AM

Every drag car I have owned and race in the 1/4 mile was in high gear before the 600 ft clocks so I had to hold my right foot down for another 3 to 6 seconds to get to the 1/4 mile finish line, most of all the driving was done before the 1/8 mile shruggy
Most hard parts failures are either on the starting line or at the finish line in the 1/4. I've hurt a lot more parts in 1/4 mile racing than I have in 1/8 mile racing work
My last S/P car ran 5.50 in the 1/8 mile at 124+MPH and 8.80s at 150. MPH in the 1/4 mile, so the last 3.3 seconds netted me 25.+ MPH for the last 1/8 mile. As already suggested, all the work is done before the 1/8 mile finish line shruggy work
I'm hoping my new No Prep car will ET in the low 4 to upper 3 in the 1/8 mile at 160.+ MPH luck
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/23/23 01:10 PM

A vehicles standard of measurement and comparison will always be 1/4 mile. You will never open a motor trend and see the new Corvettes, Mercedes, ect. 1/8 mile listed a part of the performance specs

1/8 mile bracket racing is a product of the times. It really has nothing to do with the et, or performance. Those people will take part in a practice tree race. realcrazy

There will never be definitive proof one program is faster than another. Same racers, same cars, same place, same time. This is all opinion. But I have been entered in 1/4 classes were all the breaks for the entire day were in 1/8 mile classes.

Forget the burnout they won't start the tree until both cars are off the track, which at an 1/8 mile event is forever. Some of these people are going 10 mph, and have been, by the time they hit the exit.

The starting reason for my local track changing was the cars with chutes said they would rather run 1/8, than get out to pick up their chute. Think about that for a minute. That tells you where society is today.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/23/23 05:49 PM

IMO a LOT of the reason to go 1/8 mile S/Pro racing is the speeds cars are going nowadays. Which I am sure insurance rates have a part in. For instance our dragster will run over 190mph and there are plenty faster or as fast. IMO gone are the days when 170 was a big deal 1/4 mile racing. Heck our car goes 153 in the 1/8. I think this is a driving force for going to 1/8 mile at least in top bulb/s/pro racing.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/23/23 08:48 PM

Alot less cars seem to get wadded up racing 1/8th mile.

I dont think anyone races 1/4 in Ohio anymore for anything but Sportsman and NSS.

I prefer 1/8th and only raced 1/4 a couple times last year - Mopar Nats and RocknRace.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/24/23 02:08 AM

If you want to justify 1/8 mile because it's more affordable for the track, less VHT, less insurance, that's fine. But don't build a 1000+ HP car, with 900lb open pressure, to shift at 7500+ and then cry cause maintenance and trap speed is too much to deal with.

No one forces anyone to drop big money into an exotic motor or to go fast. Flame away but that's the truth. If going fast doesn't feel safe, slow your car down. I've had more fun racing 11.50 index than likely anything else I've done.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/24/23 02:16 AM

There’s the Steiner!! I knew you would chime in. Lol.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/24/23 02:19 AM

Personally I’d quit before I raced an 11.50 car.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/24/23 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by A39Coronet
If you want to justify 1/8 mile because it's more affordable for the track, less VHT, less insurance, that's fine. But don't build a 1000+ HP car, with 900lb open pressure, to shift at 7500+ and then cry cause maintenance and trap speed is too much to deal with.

No one forces anyone to drop big money into an exotic motor or to go fast. Flame away but that's the truth. If going fast doesn't feel safe, slow your car down. I've had more fun racing 11.50 index than likely anything else I've done.

Agree.
I sponsored that class at monster Mopar for a few years.
I remember you taking me out one year. You do a good job and enjoyed meeting you and picking your brains a little..lol
That was a blast, footbraking on a pro tree is fun and not easy.
I have been fast before(9’s) and now that I am older and not as healthy as I wish I was, racing stuff that rarely breaks is lots of fun.
Could care less about racing a cut up lightweight single purpose car, having to get license, full suit or
of armor, extra cage, and if your bracket racing, spending money to go fast doesn’t guarantee you an extra dime at the pay window. Always a faster gun.
My wife agrees, slower car works out to longer vacations

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/24/23 12:44 PM

Either way - I'll be there no matter - racing 330, 1/8, or 1/4. drumhit
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/24/23 02:35 PM

I agree with A39 .. I chased low e.t.s for years , when they moved the class I ran to 9.00 lowest in the class, I slowed my car down to run 11.50s and have never looked back . I still have a high ten second capable car but its throttle stopped down , I have triple the round wins that I had when I was running in the tens and two track championships to show for it. I am even getting away from running Sportsman / Street Eliminator ( 11.50 and slower , 500 full tree ) and am now exclusively running .500 pro tree and 11.50 index I have been very successfull so far and am loving it !
Posted By: moparx

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/24/23 07:11 PM

Personally I’d quit before I raced an 11.50 car.

i just want to get something moving under it's own power....... laugh2
beer
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 02/25/23 01:30 PM

that is my thoughts. I will be happy if my bucket of bolts is still running then and can participate. Its a no doubter I will be there just in what capacity!!! Birdtracker

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 03/13/23 06:23 PM

The sponsors for World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Parkway Sept. 22 - 24, 2023

R & R Auto Body & DeCerbo Construction - Sponsors Rumble Wars pro mod Class

FireCore 50 Spark Plug Wires - Sponsor for Top Gun Class

A & A Transmission - Sponsor for Hemi Super Stock Class

Mancini Racing - Sponsor for Nostalgia Super Stock Class

Koffel's Place - Sponsor for Super Pro Class

CRT Transmission - Sponsor for Pro Class

TTI Performance Exhaust - Sponsor for Sportsman Class

Thanks in advance for supporting these Sponsors !!
Posted By: scottb

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 03/13/23 08:25 PM

Congratulations on getting all your sponsors lined up should be a good time just to bad no KOS class or a 10 0 class but you can’t have everything

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 03/13/23 09:45 PM

Is the Top Gun class a quick 16? Or is it an 1/8 mile race with et cutoff of 5.90 and faster? Similar to Big Dog at the previous Monster Mopar race?

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 03/14/23 11:08 AM

Top Gun is a 16 car field and Super Pro will run 1/8 mile

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 03/15/23 01:12 AM

Thats what I like to hear! I will be there.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 03/31/23 03:48 PM

New Flier for World of Mopar

Attached File
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 03/31/23 04:22 PM

looks to be a good race - Glad Bader took it over !!

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 03/31/23 06:01 PM

They will never fill the Top Gun race. Needs to be a quick 16 .500 tree dial in race.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 04/04/23 04:10 PM

Looking for some feedback on the Top Gun race. Would everyone want Heads up .400 Tree or a .500 tree dial in Q16. I talked with Rick at Firecore and he would like some feedback.
Posted By: markz528

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 04/04/23 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by challenger1320
Looking for some feedback on the Top Gun race. Would everyone want Heads up .400 Tree or a .500 tree dial in Q16. I talked with Rick at Firecore and he would like some feedback.

.500 tree

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 04/09/23 11:25 AM

Exciting News from Summit Motorsports for World of Mopar Race

Attached picture New 2023 World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports 2 (1).jpg
Posted By: sandmangtx

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 04/12/23 07:43 PM

Super pro at the monster mopar was 1/4 mile and big dog was 1/8 mile. they were both box classes but you could choose, if you wanted to run 1/8th you entered big dog if you wanted to run 1/4 you entered super pro. Luckily i have a dragster that is set up to run both, a door car that is set up for the 1/8 and another door car set up for the quarter. I dont recomend this LOL its hard on the wallet and your sanity

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 08/15/23 01:48 PM

Hopefully everyone is getting their schedule set to make this up coming race World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park

All information on Summit Motorsports (website)

Attached picture 2023 World of Mopars (1).jpg

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 08/22/23 04:36 PM

Wow !!!! only four weeks away
Posted By: scottb

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 08/23/23 12:10 AM

To bad there is no 10.0 shoot out always a fun race

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 08/31/23 01:11 PM

3 WEEKS AWAY/ hopefully everyone has this date on their SCHEDULE

All information on Summit Motorsports Park (website)

Attached picture 2023 World of Mopars (1) (4).jpg
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 08/31/23 05:00 PM

I believe there might be 4 or 5 Nostalgia Hemi Super Stock Racers making the trip to Norwalk for the race from my near area.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/07/23 03:48 PM

TWO WEEKS AWAY HOPEFULLY EVERYONE HAS MADE THEIR PLANS TO BE THERE

Attached picture 2023 World of Mopars (1) (4) (3).jpg
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/08/23 12:54 AM

Yep I got the time off and will probably get there Thursday to set up and bring the car back on Friday morning.

Gus beer

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/14/23 06:55 PM

ONE WEEK AWAY

All information on Summit Motorsports Park (website)

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/15/23 02:49 PM

“Top Gun” Ignited by FireCore 50 Performance Products “The quickest wires on property. PERIOD!” The World Of Mopar is a celebration of everything Chrysler & Mopar.
As a result, engine combinations in Top Gun must be in the spirit of the Chrysler Hemi and Wedge motor. Based on the Chrysler design, aftermarket vendors like BAE and AJPE are permitted. Aftermarket vendors not based on the Chrysler design such as Noonan are not permitted. Note: No Top Fuel Cars! No Top Alcohol Dragsters! No Top Alcohol Funny Cars! Door cars must be Chrysler powered and Chrysler bodied. Open bodied cars must be Chrysler powered. Transmissions: All transmissions permitted. Power Adders: Nitrous Oxide, Superchargers, Turbochargers permitted. Fuel: Racing gasoline or methanol permitted. No Nitromethane. Must meet all NHRA Safety Rules for elapsed time and mile-per-hour. Electronics, including data recorders are permitted. Heads-Up, .400 Pro Tree, 1/8th mile finish line. “Top Gun” will feature the eight (8) quickest full bodied cars and the eight (8) quickest open bodied cars. Full bodied cars and open bodied cars will be separated until there is a winner from each class; then the winner of each will race for the overall title of “Top Gun”. Qualifying: Friday (1 Session), Saturday (2 Sessions)
Eliminations:
Sunday Purse:

Full Bodied Top Gun Winner $ 2,000.00 + trophy / Runner Up $ 500.00

Open Body Top Gun Winner$ 2,000.00 + trophy / Runner Up $ 500.00

Top Gun $ 1,000.00 + trophy - Total Purse : $ 6,000.00

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/19/23 04:08 PM

DON'T FORGET THIS WEEKEND / WILL BE A GREAT WEEKEND

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/19/23 04:31 PM

I would have really liked to attend this event but I have a couple sets of heads I have to finish up for customers. I hope you guys have great weather and a great time.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/19/23 04:54 PM

I can only race one day I called asked what was the price the person on the phone said still $150 I'll pass

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/19/23 09:34 PM

Yeah I'm planning on staying the whole weekend but I'm not sure if the 3-5 passes I will make are worth the money they charge for a race entry and also charge for camping. I'll have to make the decision Thursday morning.
It's a shame they need to run the event in such a greedy way.

Gus beer

Attached picture front savoy.jpg

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/19/23 11:06 PM

From Facebook

Attached picture F969AD32-DE1C-4667-8A8E-FF5119926CA8.jpeg
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/19/23 11:12 PM

Would be nice if it was on TV like Motor Trend.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/20/23 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by 340SIX
Would be nice if it was on TV like Motor Trend.

Not enough idiots and drama for TV. Just a bunch of good guys racing their Mopars and hanging out with good friends.

Gus beer
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/21/23 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
Yeah I'm planning on staying the whole weekend but I'm not sure if the 3-5 passes I will make are worth the money they charge for a race entry and also charge for camping. I'll have to make the decision Thursday morning.

Gus beer

Hardly greedy. This event, or versions of it, have been that price for quite a few years. $150 to race three days at a world class facility at one of the few remaining all Mopar events is very reasonable.

Re: World of Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park - 09/21/23 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by A39Coronet
Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy

Gus beer

Hardly greedy. This event, or versions of it, have been that price for quite a few years. $150 to race three days at a world class facility at one of the few remaining all Mopar events is very reasonable.

Agreed. People have no idea how good they have it.
I just paid 250 dollars(125 each) to race for 1,000 dollars in one class and 1500 dollars in another class. Both these classes were the same day(a Sunday) and were back to back as it turned out.
This was at Moparty.
No racing Fri, just time runs, the gamblers race on Saturday was called off because it rained for a while then cleared off( but yet they had more time runs after) instead of the gamblers race because of “ time restraints”
So, Norwalk is indeed a bargain at a super facility compared to other Mopar events, at least Moparty
© 2024 Moparts Forums