Originally Posted by LA360
Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Originally Posted by Dragula
Can you get a plenum spacer from them, or do you need one? Seems all the pics of them, I see one sandwiched in there....And what size carbs for a 512 reving to 6500?

You can buy them from Indy or make one obviously. There was at least 2 diff bolt patterns for the lids. What do you need? That's a question for the person who is engineering the entire engine from carbs to the oil pan. There are many ways to skin a cat and you have some core pieces to make power but the devil is in the details. Hutch, over at the bullet, mentioned one time that two different guys can build a 727 and one will be over a tenth quicker than the other while USING THE SAME PARTS. The engines that make more power than average ones likely have some more engineering incorporated.

How different are the bolt patterns? I've got to make a new top for a friend's Hemi intake, I made one for a Wedge intake many years ago, I was hoping the bolt pattern was the same.

Sorry missed this...I dont have a new one to see the differences and if there are MANY changes thru the years??? It seemed to me that the 3 i have worked-with being different in that the newer series has fewer perimeter anchor screws. For what it's worth i didnt use the countersunk fasteners. I used a large washer to cover the 'relief' and then used allen bolts. ALSO only used rtv...NO paper gasket material on the lid.