I felt your pain too.....but I cured mine....see I've come to term with the facts....fact is...someone will be faster.....fact is....someone will throw more money at it.....fact is....it will break....fact is....I've invested all I can justify.

So after facing all those facts I began to enjoy my car.See I'm in a fortunate position...I can afford to run pretty much any car I want....but want and need are way different.When I was just starting at the tender age of 19...I wanted to be the fastest car on the planet...but at 10 bucks an hour...wasnt gonna happen in 1989...lol...then one day in 1991 my 12 second 440 Dart spun a rod bearing.So I got pissed and tore the entire car apart.Now remember...I'm a broke kid still...LOL...I decided I'm gonna build a killer !!!....well...3 years later...killer wasnt done...but I had got to the point in my life where I was making decent money.So one day I decided to finish it...I could have went all out on the motor...but why?....so I chose to finish the chassis the right way...my logic?....any motor will bolt in...but spending money cutting the car several times wasnt gonna cut it...so it got its 14pt...14.5 x 32's outback and tin work done....then I bolted in a junkyard 440 with a 509 cam and had a blast....of course over the years different motors have come and gone....and now my 500" Indy headed motor that will run into the 9's is perfectly happy running 10.70's all day long...why?...because I faced the facts and settled into enjoying my car. Not draining my bank account chasing a number in my head.And since I've done that...it only has let me down once in the last 14 years.....the stock 742 case posi just let go a few weeks ago after 14 years of being in the car....was I mad...nope...I appreciate all of its service.
So...enjoy your investment...have fun...be safe...and save the $$$ for the important things in life....family !!!