Originally Posted by Dart 500
Originally Posted by poorboy
Doesn't the contract between Chrysler and Cummins for the Ram diesel motor run out at the end of 2025, or did that change? The last I heard was Ford bought the Cummins contract for 2026. If all that still stands, Ram will pretty much be out of the diesel truck market by then, they sure haven't said anything about having a new diesel motor to replace the Cummins. Gas or EV might be the only options Ram has.

Doubt it, Ford has a very good 6.7L diesel they developed themselves after the International 6.0L and 6.4L fiasco and I dont see them tossing it aside for an engine from another supplier. The last rumor I heard was cummins is developing a gasoline engine, but no idea who or what its intended for. They're also knee deep in the hydrogen and electric stuff too.

https://www.utvdriver.com/story/news/cummins-announces-6-7-liter-fuel-agnostic-engine/

There have been rumors going strong every year for over 24 years that I can remember (when I first started at a dodge dealer those rumors were already going around), it ain't gonna happen, dodge will re-sign a deal with cummins just like they keep doing. Maybe cummins starts the rumor to tighten the screws on dodge? Most likely ford fanboys dreaming...

The ferd 6.7 isn't that great when you count all the costs associated with keeping it running but let the ferd guys keep thinking it is.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!