I’m tuning a set of six pack Holleys so I’d thought I’d try one of those braided line kits from Promax with a built in fuel gauge. My Carter pump that I’ve had on the car for years went up to 8-9 lbs! So I dug out an old Stewart Warner gauge and it reads a steady 9 lbs as well. Seems like I had to get the fuel inlets and needle and seats very tight to keep them from seeping. I also have to turn the the needle and seat way down to get the proper fuel bowl level. I don’t think it’s blowing the needle off the seat at 9 lbs but that sure is a lot of fuel pressure for a Holley to handle. I even tried another used parts house pump I had around the shop that came off a customers car. It was only about 5-6 but before I could really work with that one, I noticed that the pump was leaking all over the floor under the car! That was a scary moment till I got it cleaned up. I thought about trying one of those Edelbrock pumps that advertise 5 psi but flow 40 bpm, but they are pricey at $200. Any thoughts or comments?

The Promax kit with the an fittings leaked. With his supplied aluminum gaskets, it was terrible. I’ve never used those AN fittings before. What is the normal gasket for those that are a direct fit to Holley fuel inlet? I wonder if they use an o ring as well?

Last edited by fastmark; 01/23/23 06:49 AM.