Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by PROSTOCKTOM
The best thing you can do with L19 bolts is to toss them in the trash. Those bolts have cause more rod failures than any other bolt ever has.

They are so strong to the point the are brittle and will snap off. Call Tom Molnar who has 41 years in the rod business start at Oliver, then K-1, and now his own company Molnar Technologies we will tell you many

horror stories of rods failing with L19 bolts.

Tom

This is the first I have heard of this issue on those bolts confused My understanding on the ranking of strengths on ARP after market race rod bolt is ARP 8740 7/16 depending on he under head length is the cheapest and on the bottom of the strength charts, the ARP 2000 are in the middle and the L19 and SPS bolts are the strongest and the best twocents scope
I will say this on the ARP 2000 7/16 bolts Tom uses is they are all custom made to his design and manufacturing specs and they are the only ARP 2000 rod bolt I have had any issue with on the strength when using the bolt stretch method of tightening them: work :
ARP will not stand behind them whiney: He has to cover his custom made products warrantee work shruggy

Molnar will not and does not use any L19 bolts in their products. Just for fun call Tom and talk to him about it. I myself have no interest in blowing up an engine from bad rod bolts.

Tom

Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods