I am literally an anti-freeze scientist with access to $100k anti-freeze testing and analysis equipment.
1. Evans is snake oil. It is DexCool concentrate (not diluted 50/50). Water removes heat better than propylene/ethylene glycol. The book referenced in an earlier post is wrong....sorry.
2. In general, any coolant that is rated ASTM D3306 will be fine in a car.
3. Don't mix coolants
4. Use distilled or de-ionized water
5. Water Wetter is simply the organic corrosion inhibitor package of antifreeze. Water Wetter sucks vs. aluminum corrosion (Royal Purple's claims about this are correct - I ran the same testing an verified it). The idea about "surfactants allow more intimate water contact with the radiator so it cools better" is 100% [censored]. Those surfactants just make your coolant foamy (not good)
6. Water Wetter/Puple Ice/etc should be blended with water, not antifreeze, if you want them to do what they claim. The real "cooling trick" is removing ethylene glycol and replacing it with water (see #1)
7. The closest to the original Mopar coolant is "Peak Green"..... a very specific Peak with the name "Peak Green", not just any Peak product that happens to be green
8. COLOR of antifreeze means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.... it'd dye... it's food coloring.... I've manufactured many, many products that are exactly the same, but only have a different dye added to them. Insider tip....Royal Purple's Purple Ice (purple) & Lucas' Super Coolant (blue) are identical in every way except the color (no [censored]). They both protect aluminum better than water wetter, but don't last quite as long (a few years or so)
9. About half the coolant sold today is some form of DexCool. The "Death Cool" thing is long gone and was related to gasket material not being resistant to 2-ethylhexanoic acid (DexCool) and that problem was fixed 20 yrs ago.

Last edited by PurpleBeeper; 01/01/23 11:54 AM.

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"