Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
They may share the same bolt pattern, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will bolt on and fit, which is why I posted the info to clarify that there will be problems if someone tries to bolt them on.

Back in the 80's I was the store manager of a BF Goodrich tire store where we specialized is custom wheels.
What worked on cars back then is a different thing from modern wheels and tires since everything has an extremely short sidewall now.

The taller sidewall absorbed a lot of potential vibration problems back then, short sidewalls won't do that.

Modern aftermarket wheel use hub centering rings to keep the wheel true on the hub.
A custom wheel dealer that's any good knows that.

These are simply the facts, I'm simply trying to make people aware of them. shruggy

valid points IMO up
Sometimes people will do as they want and experience the consequences later. Reminds me of my brother in law whose buddy was helping him reassemble a New failed motor ( LONG STORY, short version) I looked at the rod bearings and told him the rods needed to be resized as they were obviously egg shaped. His buddy, local dirt track racer said we run em' like this all the time. I even offered to pay for the resizing. NOPE, friend says they're good we're putting it together. He made almost 2 laps before it spun 3 bearings. He wound up selling the entire car for pennies on the $.

I later thought that I should've asked his buddy how many races have you finished? , and then how many have you won? whistling