The reason the straight edge is placed that way is to show how it lays in the mount. The tallest part of that new mount is way off and it really throws the hole thing off. The other mount I got is not quite as bad but that just shows the inconsistency of the whole mess. I did this conversion about two months ago on another 69 Charger and I was able to make it work by slotting the holes more. The mount I bought was from the same store. These should have been better. I dug out this old mount and it looks much better than any of them. I don’t think it has shrunk much because of the space between the rubber and the steel at the top. I did try to modify one mount. I cut it down with a sawzall and tack welded it in. It was perfect. When I welded it in place with a good bead, it came apart. I got it too hot. I wasted an hour of my time. I’ve got my friend calling around to different manufacturers to get measurements on poly mounts this week. I was hoping someone had one in hand and could measure the height between the base and the flats that go on the bottom of the crossmember. Yes I could cut the cross member but I’d rather not. That would be my last resort.