Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by wingman
Not really the same, but...

I have Sirius sat radio in my car. Thrown in with the plan, you get all the channels on your phone (app) and computer as well.

You get every station, plus more that aren't on the car radio.

Obviously you don't get to build your own playlists, pick individual songs, etc. But honestly when I had Spotify, I'd build myself a playlist and after 1 or 2 playthroughs I am bored with it. Sometimes it's nice just to pick a genre you want to listen to and let the DJs pick the songs...not so much work.

Problem is when Alan Hunter is the DJ he won't STFU.

I have Sirius as well, It has it's place.

I have six or seven different playlists and genres. When I get bored with one I change to another or mix them.
I had the same problem with Sirius, too much commentary and other BS. Over the years I've had several different music services some were satellite prior to the net and my ability to get a useable connection speed.
I don't care what someone else's opinion / commentary is when I'm working in the shop. MUSIC is all I want to hear and being able to choose what I WANT to listen to is really good for my blood pressure LOL. I clearly remember one of the Sirius channels going to an hour long commentary on what is was like for the Beatles coming over the first time in 64. I dropped the service the next day as IDFC and am not going to listen to someone flap their jaws while PAYING FOR IT flame. I can get that for FREE on a thing called RADIO. wink beer