Originally Posted by mopar dave
Sounds like you want to build what i built. A 511with 11.25:1 compression street deal, but i used a 270@50/.625 on 110 solid flat tappet. My heads have 330cc ports and flow in the 350's@.700 lift. I went a best of 10.06@134 in a 3300# A body street/strip car(full interior). I use a 727 with a 5400 10" stall vert. I wouldnt want to drive it across the country, but you could drive it most anywhere. i kept it within 50 miles of my home. It did have a 1100 Dominator that was so reliable and the best street manners you could ask for. It did cruise down the freeway without issue other than getting hot because of a cooling issue i have at speed . i could let the car set 4hrs and just hit the start button without pumping it and it would fire up and idle. Dominators can live on the street, but you have to get them from a good source. Dom@Thumpercarbs can give you a Dominator that can do both street and track very well. Dom builds the best hands down IMO.
I now have a solid roller in this combo with similar specs, but on a 108. I use the oil thru lifters from BAM, but best tells me not to make a full pass because it will empty the pan. I did not bush the lifter bores in this block and i guess that is an issue with using stock blocks without bushed lifter bores using oil thru lifters. Did not know that at the time. I figure i can still run it thru the 1/8 just to get a time on it. I have also traded the Dominator for a T ram and 2 more of Doms carbs these being 750's. It still have the same great street manners. Dominators and T rams can live on the street just fine, dont let anyone kid you about that as i have videos to prove it. Oh, one more thing, i now have 12.5:1 compression and it still drives on the street just fine. I just run better fuel and it smells better.

Thanks a lot for sharing you knowledge. Sounds like i need to look at a modified Dominator to make it work for the street, do Thumpercabs have a up and running web page with contact information?

1970 Plymouth Cuda, 512cid on 230 400 block, 5 speed manual.(TKO 600)
1970 Dodge Charger 500, 446cid, 5speed manual.(TKO 600)
1969 Plymouth Roadrunner, 383cid, 5speed manual (Tremec TKX)