No, Indiana is naturally in the Central Time Zone. So is Michigan. Ohio used to be in the Central Time Zone too, but it was moved to all Eastern in 1918. Doesn't matter where politicians say to set the clocks, if the sun doesn't pass overhead some time between 11:30AM and 12:30PM, you're in the wrong time zone. Some reading here about Indiana time zones getting kicked back and fourth.

--> www.indystar.com/indiana-time-zone-history-central-eastern-daylight-savings-time <--

--> wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana <--

When I graduated high school, all of Indiana was on Central Time. In the summer, sun could rise as early as 4:10AM, and set later the same day at 7:20PM. In winter, sun might not rise until 7:08AM and then set as early as 4:14PM. Politicians have since moved Indiana into the Eastern Time Zone and instituted DST so they and their friends could hang out longer at the golf course. Michigan on the other hand, was moved into the Eastern Time Zone in 1918 so that Wall Street Bankers and DC politicians wouldn't be confused by the largest auto manufacturing state being on a different time. Me, I just want 12 Noon to be somewhere around when the sun is straight up.

July 19th should be "Drive Like Rockford Day". R.I.P. Jimmie.