Exact date for EST...

Posted By: Vert

Exact date for EST... - 03/02/21 02:18 AM

Asking for a friend...

Attached picture Advance.jpg
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Exact date for EST... - 03/02/21 05:55 AM

Fall forward, Spring back?

An old joke from Jake Hartford (rip), one of the guys that was on WLS years ago.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Exact date for EST... - 03/02/21 06:43 PM

How many degrees?
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Exact date for EST... - 03/03/21 01:50 AM

I always took the chance and adjusted it for day light saving time timing. Didn't figure I'd be driving the hot rod through the non-day light savings time much.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Exact date for EST... - 03/03/21 03:04 AM

That's why I put a knob on the dash!
Posted By: Vert

Re: Exact date for EST... - 03/12/21 01:28 AM

This weekend! Don't suffer from pre-ignition! Set your timing back at midnight.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Exact date for EST... - 03/12/21 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Vert
This weekend! Don't suffer from pre-ignition! Set your timing back at midnight.

SPRING FORWARD!!! Speaking of which, this would be a great time to cheat the crank sensor on my '01 Ram a little bit forward.
Posted By: GibW340

Re: Exact date for EST... - 03/12/21 03:20 PM

Shortest day of the year

Re: Exact date for EST... - 03/12/21 08:33 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/05/22 05:09 PM

It's that time again. Me, I'm ready for Sunday.

Attached picture 1 change your clock.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/05/22 05:37 PM

i just wished SOMEBODY would decide on ONE time, and LEAVE IT ALONE !!!! rant
beer
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/05/22 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
beer

I did, I'm not touching a clock, well unless the power goes off which is pretty likely to happen at some point in the next 6 months.
Posted By: 360view

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/05/22 11:44 PM

I am against DST,
but I have never read that it affects Deer/Car collisions until now:

https://news.yahoo.com/permanent-daylight-saving-time-reduce-234452082.html
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/06/22 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by moparx
beer

We did that here in Arizona. Problem is, the folks in most other states still keep fooling with their clocks.
Posted By: A12

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/06/22 04:20 AM

Help me with this. Let's say it's July 4, 2022 and it's 9:00 pm and it's still light out, in fact too light for the fireworks to happen around here in Ohio. So they are set to go off around 10:15 pm-ish. Now if they do away with Daylight Savings Time does it stay with the 9:00 pm daylight/sun setting light or does it "fall back" and now you have 8:00 pm daylight and you have to wait until 11:15 pm-ish to set off fireworks???

Which 9:00 pm daylight do we get? Do we get July 9:00 pm daylight or July 8:00 pm daylight when they do away with DST ???

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/06/22 05:11 AM

If sunset is 9 PM with DST, it would be 8 PM without DST. Twilight would usually be a half hour later, and that would be a good time to start showing movies at a drive-in or to set off fireworks.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/06/22 10:57 AM

I always forget that when I set the time machine. I'm always an hour early or late! wave
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/06/22 12:35 PM

The way i understand it most people want the day light(including me). I get out of work and i have maybe 1/2 hour of light to do something(with daylight savings). Hopefully the government will get off their ass and finally make it a law. More daylight and no more changing clocks! punkrocka
Posted By: Powerflow

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/06/22 01:41 PM

Somewhat OT, but something else to consider is that sunset gets later the farther west you go in the time zone. In Massachusetts there was a movement several years ago for MA to 'secede' into the Atlantic time zone because it gets dark real early in winter.
Posted By: A12

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/06/22 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by John Brown
If sunset is 9 PM with DST, it would be 8 PM without DST. Twilight would usually be a half hour later, and that would be a good time to start showing movies at a drive-in or to set off fireworks.

So if DST were to end as it seems today it has, what we have for daylight TODAY is what we would have year round. Dusk or sunset, or almost dark at 5:00 pm EST. Not like yesterday when it was still light at 5:00 pm EST and dark(er) at 6:00 pm EST?

Darker an hour earlier year round even in the summer? Don't know if I like that?
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/06/22 10:52 PM

If I was the one making the decisions on where the time would be, it would go back to the time before we started Day Light Saving Time!

The birds, bees, flowers, and trees and the rest of the Planet are on that time!
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/06/22 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 67vertman
If I was the one making the decisions on where the time would be, it would go back to the time before we started Day Light Saving Time!

The birds, bees, flowers, and trees and the rest of the Planet are on that time!

Railroad standard time?

Prior to that, time of day was a local matter, and most cities and towns used some form of local solar time, maintained by a well-known clock (on a church steeple, for example, or in a jeweler's window).

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/06/22 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by A12
Darker an hour earlier year round even in the summer? Don't know if I like that?

You'd like even less if you lived in Indiana, or in Ohio west of Cleveland, and were in the Central time zone like we belong. Red lines are the borders for Central Time Zone. Blue line is the center. When Indiana was still on Central Time, sunset was around 4:30 at this time of year. Here's a site that lets you see Sunrise and Sunset times for wherever you like on any day you choose. --> www.timeanddate.com/sun/ <--

Attached picture time zone map.jpg
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/07/22 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by A12

You'd like even less if you lived in Indiana, or in Ohio west of Cleveland, and were in the Central time zone like we belong. Red lines are the borders for Central Time Zone. Blue line is the center. When Indiana was still on Central Time, sunset was around 4:30 at this time of year. Here's a site that lets you see Sunrise and Sunset times for wherever you like on any day you choose. --> www.timeanddate.com/sun/ <--

I don't think you are correct

https://www.visitindiana.com/about-indiana/time-zones/

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/07/22 02:39 AM

No, Indiana is naturally in the Central Time Zone. So is Michigan. Ohio used to be in the Central Time Zone too, but it was moved to all Eastern in 1918. Doesn't matter where politicians say to set the clocks, if the sun doesn't pass overhead some time between 11:30AM and 12:30PM, you're in the wrong time zone. Some reading here about Indiana time zones getting kicked back and fourth.

--> www.indystar.com/indiana-time-zone-history-central-eastern-daylight-savings-time <--

--> wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana <--

When I graduated high school, all of Indiana was on Central Time. In the summer, sun could rise as early as 4:10AM, and set later the same day at 7:20PM. In winter, sun might not rise until 7:08AM and then set as early as 4:14PM. Politicians have since moved Indiana into the Eastern Time Zone and instituted DST so they and their friends could hang out longer at the golf course. Michigan on the other hand, was moved into the Eastern Time Zone in 1918 so that Wall Street Bankers and DC politicians wouldn't be confused by the largest auto manufacturing state being on a different time. Me, I just want 12 Noon to be somewhere around when the sun is straight up.

Posted By: Sniper

Re: Exact date for EST... - 11/07/22 02:47 AM

No, Indiana is naturally in the Central Time Zone. So is Michigan. Ohio used to be in the Central Time Zone too, but it was moved to all Eastern in 1918. Doesn't matter where politicians say to set the clocks, if the sun doesn't pass overhead some time between 11:30AM and 12:30PM, you're in the wrong time zone. Some reading here about Indiana time zones getting kicked back and fourth.

--> www.indystar.com/indiana-time-zone-history-central-eastern-daylight-savings-time <--

--> wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana <--

When I graduated high school, all of Indiana was on Central Time. In the summer, sun could rise as early as 4:10AM, and set later the same day at 7:20PM. In winter, sun might not rise until 7:08AM and then set as early as 4:14PM. Politicians have since moved Indiana into the Eastern Time Zone and instituted DST so they and their friends could hang out longer at the golf course. Michigan on the other hand, was moved into the Eastern Time Zone in 1918 so that Wall Street Bankers and DC politicians wouldn't be confused by the largest auto manufacturing state being on a different time. Me, I just want 12 Noon to be somewhere around when the sun is straight up.

I don't know when you graduated, but when I was in HS, 79-83, Porter and Lake county were Central time, the rest was Eastern, may be a few other counties too but I dunno about them. About 85% of Indiana right now is Eastern time, the rest Central.
© 2024 Moparts Forums