Originally Posted by HotRodDave
I stumbled across some really nice un-cracked magnum heads for this project so I will be porting them and milling them as much as possible... What do you guys think of sinking the valves in the magnum head a little so I can mill it more??? Would say .050 down hurt flow or anything? Seeing how the intake valve is the limiting factor for milling it more this would allow a little more milling to further reduce the chamber size and get some super size compression going in here. I could shim the springs or maybe run some LS chubby springs... what else am I missing with this idea?

I don't think I would sink the valve. I had small chamber W5 heads and they were the same with the valves very close to the deck. I had them shaved down to the seat so the intake valve actually set below the deck surface.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.