As per my usual, just looking for personal experiences with the subject matter, tips, suggestions, etc.

Entering this phase with my Mother, she's 78, I'm 55 (!), only child and she never remarried, so its just me and her.

Living will, and power of attorneys are in place.

I started trying to get things in place almost 5 yrs ago but divorce and other matters on my end (not to mention Covid) derailed everything.

We're not to the point of wiping bottoms or helping bathing, but I can see its not as far off as it used to be, Right now she's still very independent and takes care of herself for the most part. She quit driving on her own, so I help her get around.

What has been driving me nuts in looking for assistance is that she lives right on a county line, and most assistances won't cross that line. For example, every Doctor she's seen in the past 20 years is less than 5 miles from her place, BUT they're on the 'wrong' side of the line. To get transport, she'd have to get all new Doctors which are about 26 miles away one way to stay within her county. Moving is not an option at this point in time.

I realize a majority of the members here may be on the receiving end of caregiving, not giving, but thought I'd throw this out anyway.................. whistling wink

Yes, I know this is a car board, so if this must be deleted, so be it.

Thanks again. beer

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥